HiPping is used to enhance aluminium casting integrity, improve proof stresses and optimise mechanical properties.
During the HiP process, the castings are placed in a pressurised enclosed high temperature furnace. The castings are then heated in an inert gas, commonly argon, which applies uniform isostatic pressure. The process eliminates porous elements through a combination of plastic deformation, creep and diffusion bonding.
The benefits of HiPping
The HiP process offers a number of benefits for the manufacture of aluminium castings, including:
- the complete removal of porosity
- improved casting integrity and mechanical properties
- greater reliability and longer service life
- higher resistance to impact, wear and corrosion
- the potential for smaller, lower-weight, high-strength parts
In recent years, equipment and processing advancements in HiPping aluminium castings have made this a cost-effective way to deliver premium casting quality.
Contact us here for more information about Haworth Castings, obtain a quote or to discuss your aluminium castings project requirements in more detail. Alternatively please get in touch using the details below.